Over and over, research shows it – dads make an incredible difference in their daughters’ lives.
- Do better in school
- Have higher self-esteem and a more healthy self-image
- Have higher sociability and fewer behavioral problems
- Are less likely to be involved in abusive relationships
- Are less likely to engage in early sexual activity
- Are less likely to face teen pregnancy
These 3 articles provide great insight into why this is true and how fathers can connect with their daughters...
One excellent way to connect for fathers to connect with their daughters is having a ‘date’ together. Barrie Pregnancy Resource Centre’s Dads ‘n’ Daughters Contest is the perfect opportunity!
Spend time together, snap of photo of what you did on your date and post it on our Contest Facebook Page and you will be entered to win a great PRIZE PACKAGE for two!
While your online, make a donation to Barrie Pregnancy Resource Centre. Many girls are without fathers who care. They would be facing pregnancy alone if not for the support of the centre. Show that you care for them too - every donation makes a difference and helps change lives!